The Modern Soccer Coach: Position-Specific Training
In recent years, player development has been a hot topic in the soccer world. With more pressure on coaches to win than ever before, the modern game seems to be less about actual players and more about tactical systems. In many places, the majority of training sessions are structured so that each player receives the same training as his or her teammates, even though they are asked to perform different functions. As a result, players do not receive specific feedback and lack the ability to produce functional skills in the heat of a game.
Aimed at football coaches of all levels, and players of all ages and abilities, The Modern Soccer Coach: Position-Specific Training seeks to identify, develop, and enhance the skills and functions of the modern soccer player whatever their position and role on the pitch.
This book offers unique insight into how to develop an elite program that can both improve players and win games. Filled with practical no-nonsense explanations, focused player drills, and more than 40 illustrated soccer templates, this book will help you – the modern coach – to create a coaching environment that will take your players to the next level.
– Understand how the concept of player development needs to change as players progress in the game.
– Examine how learning styles have changed and how coaches must adapt accordingly.
– Enhance your players’ performance levels with innovative exercises and ways to share feedback and critical information.
– Includes chapters and exercises for developing Center Backs, Full Backs, Holding Midfielders, Attacking Midfielders, Wide Attackers, and Center Forwards.
– Learn how certain coaches can move their players from ‘interested’ to ‘committed’.
– Develop ways to maximize the talent levels of your players.
MODERN SOCCER COACH 2014
Over the last 20 years, no sport has changed more than soccer. The modern player is technically more capable, physically faster and stronger, and has access to more coaching and sports science resources than ever before. With the high rewards associated with success, there has never been more pressure on coaches to win, develop players, and play soccer the ‘right way’.
Aimed at Soccer coaches of all levels and with players of all ages and abilities The Modern Soccer Coach2014 identifies the areas that must be targeted by coaches who want to maximize a team’s potential – the Technical, Tactical, Physical, and Mental sides to the game.
Written by UEFA ‘A’ and NSCAA Premier licensed coach Gary Curneen – The Modern Soccer Coach2014 offers contemporary focused and distilled insight into what soccer coaches need to do, and how! Filled with practical no-nonsense explanations, focused players drills and more than 30 illustrated soccer templates, The Modern Soccer Coach2014 will help you – the modern coach – to create team performances that win match after match!
- Understand how the game has changed and what areas determine success in the game today.
- Create modern exercises that focus on tactical, technical, mental, and physical elements of the game.
- Learn what sets coaches like Mourinho, Klopp, Rodgers, and Guardiola apart from the rest.
- Develop a competitive and enjoyable atmosphere for yourself and your players.
- And much more!