“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is a process. Working together is success.” Henry Ford Wingate University Women’s Soccer Trip to Georgia (9-9-11 to 9-11-11) As we travelled to Georgia College for the Bobcat Shootout, we knew this would be a huge weekend for the progress of our team both on and off with field. On the field, the Continue Reading...
Recent Posts by garycurneen
Dealing With Set-Backs Over the course of a season, every player is going to have disappointments whether as an individual or in a team setting. It is therefore important that we have a strategy to deal with these in order to recover and regain your focus. Certain setbacks may include – not starting, not getting the playing time you want Continue Reading...
0 Submitted by garycurneen on Sun, 04 September 2011, 17:46
This is from a talk that Gerard Houllier did in 2007 at the NSCAA Convention in Baltimore. Having worked with the French national team, Liverpool, and Lyon, he spoke of the key factors those great teams all share. At the start, he spoke about his coaching philosophy and beliefs and identified the principles all top players and coaches need to Continue Reading...
Recent Comments by garycurneen
- June 25, 2013 on How George Best Influenced My Love of the Game
- February 28, 2013 on Passing and Opening Up In Possession
- January 21, 2013 on A New Year, A New Challenge And Saying Goodbye To Wingate University
- September 19, 2012 on Jose Mourinho Tactical Thinking – Part 2
- September 19, 2012 on Link-Up Play With Midfielders and Forwards